PROGRAM TITLE: Medical Assistant 900 hours
Flexible Payment Plans
Partial Scholarships available
Full scholarships available through Work Force Alliance
High School Diploma or GED
This program is designed to train students to work in a variety of health care settings such as ambulatory clinics, physician offices, and group practices. The student will be taught the technical skills necessary to function as a medical Assistant. The student will accomplish this through classroom instruction with return demonstration. In addition, the student will have 240 hours of actual clinical practice in Medical Assistant internship (240 hours). This course is recommended for anyone desiring employment in the field as a Medical Assistant.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE FOR THE MEDICAL ASSISTANT
- Prepare medical records
- Maintaining medical records
- Monitor inventory control and order supplies
- Adjust and monitor medical equipment, not when in a medical capacity though
- Manage petty cash
- Post letters regarding service charges and other payments.
- Gather resources from patients and the surrounding community
- Prepare the appointment book
- Sterilise and label instruments, but not use them.
- Prepare the examination room.
- Record body measurements and vitals.
- Assist with therapeutic procedures
- Assist during simple medical surgical procedures
STARTING AND ENDING DATE:
The date of completion is based on the student attending on a full-time basis for ten
(10) months. Starting dates varie, and occurs several times throughout the year.
CLINICAL SCHEDULE FOR Medical Assistant:
Clinical time cannot be made up unless it is due to illness and proof submitted to the school. Student must present the school with a health clearance to include PPD, proof of Hepatitis B Vaccination, urine analysis prior to start of clinical rotation. If student must make up time, he/she might have to wait. The school reserves the right to ask for a detailed physical clearance for a student who has been absent due to excessive illness.
Upon successful completion students are eligible to take the National Health Career Association Medical Assistant Test
ONE SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE BASED ON QUALIFYING ESSAY AND CIRCUMSTANCES
ESSAY:THE IMPORTANCE OF UNDERSTANDING THE DIGITAL AGE IN REALTION TO THE MEDICAL FIELD